It’s fun to shiver this time of year
Everyone, young and old, wants a bit of spooky, creepy, tingly fun at Halloween. Whether telling tales of graveyards that come alive, mysterious shape shifters, or midnight visitors on a stormy night, Margaret can tickle, tease or scare.
“Margaret enticed many cackles from a room full of 100 ‘witches’ during our annual Witches Tea Party.” – Heather Young, THE CENTER at Palos Hills
Why we love things that go Boo!
"When we hear or see something scary, a shot of adrenaline floods our bodies, even if what we are experiencing is not dangerous.With an adrenaline rush comes a heightened production of feel good endorphins. More Halloween stories, please!" - Astara March, Inside Science
Customized programs can include:
- The Spiral Staircase – a 15 year old girl, a scary movie, and a midnight visitor
- Double Boo – sisters on eerie, dark night
- The Voice in the Night – (adaptation of a literary story by W.H. Hodgson)
- Mary Culhane and the Dead Man - a ghost story
- Lucy Dove – old woman versus monster (adapted by Janice Del Negro)
- The Bargain – shape shifter (adapted by Janice Del Negro)
- Hide and Seek – secrets of a haunted house (adapted by Janice Del Negro)
- Elsa and the Evil Wizard – a cautionary tale
- The Dauntless Girl – skulls in a moonlit mausoleum
- Ain’t Nobody Here – spooky fun
Full Presentation Roster and Videos
Stories not only entertain, they also have the power to touch the heart, spark imagination, inspire hope, and embolden the spirit.
To receive announcements about programming join my email list
For more information about programs and bookings contact margaret[at]margaretburk.com 708-465-6305
“Tales both witty and mysterious. I’d recommend her to be your Halloween Storyteller for any age.” – Ann Territo, Naperville Women’s Club