Stories Connect Us All!
There has been a great revival of storytelling. In the Chicago area, there are dozens of venues (clubs, bars, theatres, cafés) that host monthly storytelling shows featuring true/personal stories. And there are dozens of Storytelling Festivals around the country that feature the voices of both traditional and personal narrative tellers. I have performed at the following places.
- The Back Room, Oak Park
- Homewood Stories, Homewood
- Illinois Storytelling, River Forest
- The Moth Haymarket, Chicago
- The Celtic Knot, Evanston
- The People Tree, Naperville
- This Much Is True, Chicago
- Story Club, Chicago
- Story Lab, Chicago
- Stage Left, Woodstock
- Studio Stories, Evanston
- In Vino Veritas, Wauconda
- BADYHouse Storytelling Concerts, Brooklyn
- Chicago Celtic Festival, Millennium Park
- Illinois Storytelling Festival
- National Storytelling Summit
- Northlands Storytelling Conference
- Fox Valley Folk Festival
- Village Players, Oak Park
- Tellabration! Hyde Park
“Margaret captivated our New York City audiences with her tales and a style that was funny, direct and true. We all walked out the better for her stories.” – Robin Bady, Curator BADYHouse Storytelling Concerts
Stories are just plain FUN! A good story, a good beer and a good laugh. What’s better than that?
Stories not only entertain, they also have the power to touch the heart, spark imagination, inspire hope, and embolden the spirit.
To receive announcements about programming join my email list
For more information about programs and bookings contact margaret[at]margaretburk.com 708-465-6305
“ Where would I rather be? At home or watching TV? Here I am entertained and
nourished. What a great night.” – Tom Schmidt